Monday, January 29, 2007

Weekend in Sports

Yep, that's 7 in a row and 55 total

First of all, Tiger won the Buick Invitational. He overtook and/or stayed out of reach of a few "young guns" who had one or fewer tour wins. Everyone talked about the great opportunity it was to be playing or competing closely with Tiger. One commentator's response to this attitude was this: "It's (playing with Tiger) like singing along at a Stones concert. You feel like you're part of it, but no one else notices." Also, until I read about Andrew Buckle's Sunday behavior, I didn't realize that smoking was permitted on tour. Maybe I've just been living under a rock. That or they never televise such things...
Secondly, Roger Federer won the Australian Open. I'm not really a fan of his, but I can certainly appreciate his talent. I like Roddick, more so now that Agassi is gone. Much to my dismay, I forgot to watch the Federer vs. Roddick match after work on Thursday. After learning of the 4-6, 0-6, 2-6 loss suffered by Andy, I figured maybe it was better that I hadn't seen it.

No comments: