Sunday, December 10, 2006

Blog kick off and word to the wise

I needed an outlet to express some creativity. That leads me to pt. 1 of the title. Thanks to Jackscolon's Poetry and Scotch, this site has been brought to my attention as a means to make accessable my ramblings. As of this moment, my blog and my girlfriend share a birthday, albeit more than decades apart. If you know who she is, this is your cue to congratulate her.

Moving on... The word to the wise for this weekend comes at a price. After a very enjoyable couple days with friends from home, the weekend took a bad turn last night. After playing some games and hanging out, my friends and I made our way out on the town to celebrate the aforementioned occasion. First we went to an establishment known as the Boneyard. This place had peanuts everywhere. This is not a big deal if you aren't allergic. However, I am. We made our way next door to the Winking Lizard. This is a clean, fairly well lit, sports bar. After a few drinks there, we found out that they closed at 1am. The birthday girl and I made our way over to the previously visited Boneyard to hang out a little longer. My other friends parted to get food and return to the hotel. The Boneyard had several TVs featuring sports, but I don't know that I'd call it a sports bar. It was much darker and featured louder music. The peanuts were avoided by sitting at the bar rather than at one of the booths. Due to a lack of knowledge in preferences and the desire to broaden her beverage horizons, the bartender was given the request for something fruity. Well, he took it upon himself to stray from the path of the traditional. Rather than a martini, or daquiri, or margarita, or anything that could be found on a menu, he concocted a mix of citron, raz, lemon juice, cranberry juice, lots of sugar, and perhaps one or two other ingredients. This amalgamation forced a 180 on an unsuspecting consumer, who for the better part of the past 24 hours, has been sick, feeling sick, and is only now recovering. Happy Birthday, from your local bartender. I realize that it's not completely his fault, and we shouldn't have given him free reign. It's not like walking into a coffee shop and saying that you want more mocha than java...surprise me. Be aware of what you are doing. Don't trust your best interests to those who are not proven to be worthy.

Hopefully, in the future, I'll have a variety of topics to entertain, educate, and share things of interest.

No comments: